Effective Date: August 26, 2019
- Transparency: We’ve provided additional clarity regarding the information we collect from Customers, Visitors and Customer Business Contacts and how we process this information. We’ve also explained the choices and control individuals have over their information.
- Data Control: We’ve described how individuals can: (i) access, correct or delete their personal data from our systems; and (ii) provide or withdraw consent, as appropriate.
We respect your privacy
We do gather data in order to enhance your experience
We may collect Personal Information from you on the Sites, including:
Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide. If you voluntarily provide us with Personal Information, we may collect this Personal Information. You may voluntarily provide this information to us in a variety of ways, including by subscribing to receive news updates, event information and useful content that you have requested.
Personal Information We May Automatically Collect. We may use various technologies to collect information about you when you visit the Sites. These technologies may include:
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small files that communicate with third parties and are embedded in webpages, ads or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a webpage and to understand usage patterns or other third-party functionality. We also may use web beacons to learn if emails have been opened, acted on or forwarded. We also may include web beacons in newsletters, brochures and flyers that we send to subscribers in order to count how many newsletters, brochures and flyers have been opened or read. You can disable the ability of web beacons to store cookie information by declining cookies. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any Personal Information about visitors to our Sites. They are merely designed to compile anonymous, aggregated information about collective usage of the Sites.
- Other Technologies. Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you when visiting the Sites include:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser Plug-ins/Add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on the Sites. You have the option not to install these components.
Our Sites may include links to third-party websites
Your personal data is used thoughtfully
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Operate the Sites and deliver information to you;
- Analyze and improve performance of the Sites;
- Learn what new information interests you;
- Respond to your requests;
- Conduct research about your opinion of USB and U.S. soy;
- Provide marketing materials to you and determine the effectiveness of the same;
- Perform customer service; and
- Otherwise manage our operations.
Your personal data will not be sold, rented or leased
Sometimes a law, court order or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide Personal Information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. While USB will only provide such information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order or other legal process, we may disclose certain Personal Information if:
- The Commerce Department requests it;
- National security or law enforcement requirements mandate it;
- In response to a valid subpoena;
- We are required to bring, or defend against, litigation or any regulatory proceeding between, or relating to, you and us; and
- We have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Sites or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
You have choices
We are good shepherds of your information
Your data is secure
We are concerned with the security of your Personal Information and consider the protection of Personal Information we receive from visitors to our Sites as critical to our organization’s mission of promoting soy and soybean products worldwide. We deploy a combination of reasonable and appropriate physical, technological and administrative safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of any Personal Information we receive from you. We follow generally accepted security standards in our operations to protect the security of your Personal Information, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the Personal Information we process, taking into account the relative risks involved and the nature of the Personal Information in question. Unfortunately, with any transmission over the internet, there is always some element of risk involved in submitting Personal Information. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you can contact our Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond in a timely manner to your request.
We commit to integrity, purpose limitation and access
You can remove yourself from our subscriber list
If you do not want us to use or continue using your Personal Information to communicate with you, you may request that we not do so (“opt out”) by following the procedures described below.
- Opting Out at Signup: When you provide us with Personal Information, you will be given a choice as to whether to receive promotional information from us.
- Opting Out of Further Communications: Please send your opt-out request to our Privacy Manager at email@example.com. Place the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in your request to us. We will respond in a timely manner to your request. You can also stop receiving promotional email messages from us by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive.
Even if you opt out, we will retain your Personal Information for internal use only, such as for statistical analytics and legal compliance.
We do have a process for handling complaints
We are committed to ensuring that complaints concerning your Personal Information are investigated and resolved. For this reason, we have developed a complaint handling procedure. It is our intention to resolve all privacy-related complaints through this procedure. We respect your privacy, and if you submit a concern to USB, we are committed to investigating and taking the necessary steps to resolve your concerns. If you have any questions, please send an email to our Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sites are not directed at children
The Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not seek, nor do we knowingly process, Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have processed Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact our Privacy Manager at email@example.com.
For more information, contact us